Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Transformation Derailed

My hope in staring this blog was to give myself the motivation and accountability to reduce some of the stress triggers in my life. Well I am full in the middle of one of my biggest triggers and I am finding that things are going about as expected. My big trigger is large sewing contracts with unrealistic deadlines. Instead of setting boundaries with my client, I take on the work and work twice as hard to try to get it done quickly (or meet the deadline) and I find that all other areas of my life get neglected. Things have not totally fallen apart, but the house is a disaster and all other projects have come to an abrupt halt. I am afraid that I will once again be missing out on the fun of the holiday season because of my ridiculous need to honor this commitment. Do not mistake me, I think that it is important to honor commitments. Sometimes though I wonder if I allow this need to please to cause me to miss out on the much more important and fleeting moments with my family. Then I marvel as the selfishness of that thought because my wonderful husband misses out on many more fleeting moments because he is working outside of the home to take care of his family.

I find peace in knowing that this derailment to transformation is temporary and it reinforces the need to stay committed to this attempt to reduce stress and get my life in order.

Many blessings to you on this very early morning. --Kate

No comments: