Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Heart Sweater and Pants with Plaid Hearts

I adore shopping at thrift stores. When I was in high school one of my very best friends took me to Value Village for the first time and I fell in love. It is like going on a treasure hunt, if you dig deep enough for long enough who know what gems can be found. Recently I have found a new obsession in my thrift shopping, discovering clothes that can be turned into outfits for my daughter She is quite the fashionista. She goes into her closet and the clothing combinations she comes out with look crazy then she puts them on and they are darling.

From this past weekend's shopping trip I found a number of outfits and I can not wait to see what she does with them. I have decided that I would not let the size of the clothes stop me from finding things I think my daughter will like. That means I have to do some alteration work on many of the items I pick up.

This week's alteration projects. A bright yellow sweater with a grey heart and some pink leggings with plaid hearts. Both are for older girls, so that means that I need to take them in a little.

Here is where we started.

This is the start of reconstruction. I have shortened the sleeves taken in the sides and trimmed a little off the top.
 In this picture I have the sleeves to the right length but need to do the cuff.
The only thing remaining to do here is finish the neck opening and shorten the length and then remove some of the extra fabric from the seams.
 The pants are pinned and the leg cuff open and ready for serging.
 Tomorrow I will be wrapping up these projects and will post the final pictures.

Many blessings to you on this very fine night.--Kate



No comments: