Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Mystery Novel Shawl

I really enjoy reading mystery novels, I also really enjoy knitting. A few times now I have read knitting novels. One series I have been enjoying, is the Kelly Flynn Knitting Mysteries, by Maggie Sefton. At the end of each book the author includes a recipe and a knit pattern.

One of my current works-in-progress is the pattern from her third book, "A Deadly Yarn," it is the, Easy Triangle Shawl. It has been living up to its name. It is easy and it is a great project to pick up anytime I have a few minutes. It has also been another great way to use up a few more yarns in my yarn stash. This time the purple and green yarns are a super soft nylon/acrylic yarn called Fantasy by Dark Horse Yarn. As well as a third purple/green/brown variegated yarn by Ella Rae, called Seasons.

I was not sure when I started if I would like the final product. Though I liked all three separately, I was not so sure when I began using them together. Now two, thirds of the way into the project, I am really starting to like how it looks.
I should have it done just in time for winter to be over and the warmer weather to be here. Although with the way this winter has been going we may have lots of cold weather opportunities remaining.

Many blessings this fine, knitty night.--Kate

If you are interested in the pattern but not looking for a knitting mystery, you can always find it on Ravelry: Maggie Sefton Knitting Mysteries, A Deadly Yarn.

No comments: