Thursday, March 9, 2017

Using A New Birthday Present for Breakfast

One of the new birthday presents my girl got from her grandparents, was a cookbook for kids, "Cooking Class" by Deanna F. Cook. (Thanks Gram and Gerati!) My two big kids love to help with the cooking, when they can, and my girl always ready to try the most dangerous and challenging steps.
 

This morning, when trying to decide what we wanted for breakfast, I hear the exclamation, "I know", and out comes the brand new cook book. The recipe choice this morning is crepes. Even though I initially had some concerns since we did not have any thing to use for the filling. We remembered a delicious caramel we purchased at a local Micro Creamery, The Caramel Kitchen. The flavor we used was Pumpkin Spice.
The kids, were able to help with all the steps, except turning the crepe. I think their favorite was cutting the bananas and arranging them on the crepe and then folding the crepes in half. It was a fun and delicious breakfast. The kids did such a great job that we will definitely be turning to this cookbook for future family cooking ideas.

Many blessings this fine and flavor filled day.--Kate

No comments: