Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Time a Little Tight

I am hard at work trying to complete a sewing contract. Which has left little time for completing other projects. I did manage to get one started though.

I found this dark blue shirt at a garage sale last summer and thought there was plenty of material to be able to make something new from it. I was not sure how I wanted to convert it though. Tonight I figured it out. I decided the width of the shirt was probably such that it would work just fine if rotated to become the length. I took the bottom strip off and cut it to fit the new bottom hem.

Tomorrow I just have to sew up the sides and shoulders and decide if I want sleeves. Then reattach the bottom hem, figure out what to do with the neck opening and I should have a new shirt to enjoy this summer.

Stay tuned tomorrow when I reveal the final product.

Many blessings to you this fine night.--Kate