Saturday, March 25, 2017

Olivia's Pajamas

One of the very first things we did when Olivia joined our family back in December, was go to the fabric store and find a pattern to make pajamas. Much to my daughter's frustration it has taken me a very long time to finally get around to making them.

Today, there was a women's craft day at church. Where you could either bring your own project or work on one of the projects they provided. Admittedly the projects there were super cute. A little herb planter made from a mason jar. Some spring themed projects like a little bird house, a garden sign and a floral felt coaster. As well as some Easter crafts, twine wrapped eggs, handmade Easter cards and a fabric cross. Though greatly tempted, I decided to work on the projects I brought, (much to the relief of my husband, I am sure.)

Though there was plenty of space for me to bring my sewing machine, I decided I would just work on cutting out the pattern at church and leave the sewing for home. Of course, even though I remembered my fabric, the scissors and even my marking chalk. I managed to forget the pins at home. It all worked out in the end and I did in fact get the pajama pieces cut out and ready for sewing.

Once home, I did get the pajama tops completed. My hope it that I will have the bottoms finished tomorrow and little Olivia with finally have some warm and cozy flannel pajamas for tomorrow night.

A huge thank you to Martha and Allison for hosting the craft day today. It was a lot of fun and a much needed (creative) time away from the kids.

Many blessings this fine, late night.--Kate

No comments: