Thursday, November 29, 2018

Like Sands Through the Hourglass...

So are the days of our lives.

My mind is boggled that it has been twenty months since my last entry. So much has changed and so much is just busier. I foolishly thought as my children aged and began to discover some independence, (or at least just started to do some things for themselves,) I might rediscover some time for myself. Instead we have just filled up our days with more things for them to do. Even though there have been many times I have wanted to start writing here again I just could not find (make) the time to do it.

Some highlights from the last 1.5+ years. My baby who was almost a year and a half is now 3 years old. His clever to cute ratio is way to high on both sides and he is probably on the fast track to being spoiled, but his siblings work hard to keep him in line. My middle has been doing karate for over a year now and has finally begun to look like he might actually be learning something. I suppose more importantly he has met his best friend by joining karate. My oldest is still a dancing dynamo. At this point she basically eats, sleeps and breathes dance. With classes in ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop and lyrical; as well as three competition routines we are at the dance studio more then we are anywhere else.
 The big event for our family was that we moved into what I hope is our forever home. We had seriously outgrown our old place and were faced with some serious choices. Our new home was the answer to all of them. The house is ranch-style with all of our living space on the main floor, but with a full basement, which provides room for storage and play. It was built in the late 60's and has some serious flair, including a full shuffleboard court in the basement. At a time when houses were popping on and off the market in 24 hours we could not believe that this house was still available. However, the interior looked as if a Pepto Bismol factory exploded. There were pink walls in the living and dining room and pink carpet throughout 85% of the main level. I think many had a hard time seeing past the pink, so the house was on the market for a long while before we happened upon it. It has been an absolute answer to prayer and has felt like home from the first moment we walked in. Though we have been slowly eradicating the pink.
Whew..so there are a few of the highlights.

I am hoping (once again) to make writing on my blog a habit, but of course no promises.

Many blessings to you this fine night--Kate


No comments: