Tuesday, November 18, 2014

How Children Transform our Lives

In less then 5 minutes a room can go from organized to messy. Your movie collection doubles mostly with Disney and Dreamworks. All flat surfaces become road ways, crafting stations or covered in puzzles. Your favorite blanket, scarf, seat and many other favorites get claimed by someone else and you find that you don't mind. You spend your day trying to define words, explain how things work and putting band aids on any ouchies even imaginary ones. In our family we have chosen for our kids to be educated at home, so now I am learning about all kinds of new things and working to relearn many that I have forgotten. I am also discovering what my kids get excited about. Like medicine and science for my oldest and animals and engineering for my youngest. I am also finding that there are not enough hours in the day to accomplish all the desired adventures and also get the laundry folded. There have been a lot of changes in our life in the last 4 and a half years. Most of them great, some of them tough and a few that we never saw coming. The greatest change of my life though was becoming a parent. The most amazing, challenging and blessed transformation.

Many blessings to you on this fine night.--Kate

No comments: