Thursday, November 13, 2014

Long forgotten on the shelf

Here is another item that sadly sat on the laundry room shelf for months needing a little attention and a good cleaning. In this elephants first life it was a holiday treat to me because of my love of elephants. He was a Macy's Horton, to advertise the movie in what ever year it came out. He use to say cute phrases like, "I meant what I said and said what I meant, an elephants faithful one hundred percent." He lost his voice long ago and was adopted by my kids for their imagination games many months back. It has
been a well loved elephant and has gone on many adventures, because of that it has become a very dirty elephant. Before I could wash it I needed to remove the electronics. Now we arrive at the reason that the elephant has sat on the shelf for so long.

Finally tonight I have gotten to this long overdue project. To get the voice box out I found the manufactures closing seam. A great place to open a plush if you want to close it back up again, because all of the seams surrounding this spot have been reinforced and this spot opens really easily. Once open I discovered that the electronics had been really well secured inside, but after a bit of snipping all of it was out.





Then some quick stitching and the elephant was closed up again and ready for the bath (or the washing machine.)





While waiting for the elephant to get clean I also closed up a few other friends that had some seams open. That little giraffe is nearly 40 years old. She is looking pretty good, I think, but she is getting a bit threadbare and that is why some of the seams are opening.



Now these friends and the elephant are ready to join back in the imagination fun with the kids. Yea!




Many blessing to you on this fine close of day.--Kate

No comments: