Tuesday, November 11, 2014

something old, something blue, something borrowed into new

I believe that this item is actually on life number 3. It was a veil for a friends wedding. It was a veil for one of my dance routines from the days that I did Canine Freestyle, (or doggie dance,) with a dog my Mom had, Gretchen.


Gretchen and I have pink bands.

 For its most resent reincarnation I have separated the headband and tulle.


The headband has been claimed by my oldest.
 

I cut the tulle into strips and crocheted it with a strand of yarn to make some dish and fruit scrubbers. 


These are to replace the sponge scrubbers that are a little to scratchy for some of the dishes and always smell moldy after only a few uses. The green one is to wash fruits and veggies. I try to keep a separate scrubber for this job. It always seems a bit gross to use the same scrubber as I use for the counters or dishes. 

I am excited to have these new little kitchen aids and my girl is thrilled with her headband. 

Many blessings to you on this fine night.--Kate

No comments: