Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I hope that all of you have had a marvelous Thanksgiving. Our family enjoyed a delicious meal and a few fun holiday traditions. First we watched the Macy's Day parade together. Well the kids and I did, Dad was at work. Also it was the 2013 parade on You Tube because we do not have any television channels, but still it was fun. My oldest really enjoyed it, my youngest came and went.

It was fun finding recipes that worked with our new maximized diet. Of course the Turkey was unchanged and the veggies were all still on the list. We replaced cranberry sauce with homemade Granny Smith apple sauce. We made faux mashed potatoes using cauliflower instead and found a wonderful gluten free stuffing. Was a great but a late meal, (we waited for Rob to get home from work, which is sevenish) and the turkey too a bit longer then planned.

My gratitude this year if for my amazing family here and spread across the U.S, for wonderful friends, for good health and for all the wonder and blessing that come from living in this place and time. I wish good fortune to you all for this coming year.

Many blessings on this fine and thankful night. --Kate

No comments: