Saturday, February 25, 2017

First Dance Competition.

Today was my daughter's very first dance competition. The KAR (Kids Artistic Revue) International Dance Competition. Thankfully she danced at the same place that she has been doing her June productions for the last three season. So she was comfortable on that stage and when she started to feel nervous I was able to remind her of all the times she has danced there before.

Her dance was a ballet piece to the song Carmen (from the Opera.) The story was that they were part of a class. One of the girls is the "teacher" of the class and one girl in class would rather be naughty then listen to teacher. During the dance the naughty girl recruits more girls to misbehave. By the end of the routine the class is split, with the naughty girls doing fun and wild moves and the good girls doing what teacher asks and looking at the other girls with expressions of shock. It is a seriously cute routine and the girls did a fantastic job today earning a "Top First Place" trophy and a judges award for "Tutu cute." My girl got to go up to the judge both times to collect the trophy the plaque and the pins that each girl gets as an award.

We are not allowed to take photos during the competition or the girls could loose points on their routine. We could purchase a video and professional photos taken during the routine, which I did. When they come I will be sure to post what I can of my girl. Until then here are a few of her at the competition waiting and with her trophy at home and some of her "good" girl poses. She had a wonderful time. Which is good because we have four more competitions before the season is done. Wish us luck. I think I get way more nervous then she does.
 
 
 Many blessings this fine dancing day.--Kate

No comments: