Friday, March 17, 2017

Newest Restaurant in Town is Called "Red"

Thursday was a long, strange day, but it had the sweetest ending. My husband and I got to try out a new restaurant. It was not quite a date night as baby was at the table with us. The dining was casual, the seats were small, the menu was limited and the wait staff/owners were clearly trying their best, but could have used a bit more experience. At one point my husband had to go to the kitchen with them to wash a few plates and work the microwave. Boy were they cute though, and the effort was not missed by us. The menu was hand lettered and surprisingly easy to read. The decorations were hand crafted, and thankfully stayed put during the entire meal.

Though it was a bit rough around the edges, the entire meal was well thought out. There were complimentary chips and salsa waiting on our table when we arrived. The baby had toys to play with in his clever seat/corral and we had a nice selection of books and other reading material brought to our table while we waited for our meal. There were three entree options, spaghetti, pizza and sandwiches with a variety of vegetable sides and ice cream for dessert. We were offered "whatever was in the refrigerator" to drink, which actually boasted a fairly good selection. Once all the meals were warmed and brought to the table the wait staff/owners joined us for the meal, which gave it a really cozy "at home" feel. Sadly my husband and I did have to bus our own table and I did get roped into scooping the ice cream, but I can honestly say that it was one of my favorite meals. Hands down a wonderful evening, good food and charming company. I would highly recommend "Red" to anyone who loves their servers a bit short (and inexperienced), their meals to be leftovers and the intentions to be truly heartfelt.
 

 

Many blessings this fine, flavorful day.--Kate

One thing you must understand about my daughter, she spends much of her time dreaming up elegant events, moving musicals, touching theater and champion community celebrations. All of which "must" happen at the very last minute. In the last year alone, we have delivered Valentines to the block, had a lemonade/snack stand, had a Christmas concert (with Grammy and my sisters family), had a band concert, pulled all the dining room chairs together for a fashion show/dance performance, had a wedding for our two cats, (including outfits and photographers,) and so much more that I can not even remember right now. This girl keeps my life interesting.

No comments: