Saturday, October 18, 2014

Good friends are the very best gift.

I am not one to have a large circle of close friends. I have also discovered that I have far fewer opportunities these days to make new friends. So the friends I do have I really cherish. That is part of the reason I am really loving Saturday's surprises. It is so much fun to find a special something and then think about who might really enjoy it.

Today's surprise was a bit of a cheat because my friend knew I was bringing the skirf. I will explain what a skirf is in a minute. The wallet was a bit more of a surprise, because it took me four months to find it, but we had already spoken about my giving it to her. Let me tell you though, my friend is always a joy to give a gift to, because she gets so very excited and is authentically grateful.

My friend is not only a true joy, but is also quite clever. The skirf is her creation. She loves infinity scarfs and one day she wondered if a beautifully patterned, plus sized peasant skirt would make the perfect scarf. I was enlisted as the seamstress and the skirf was born. The most recent skirt had enough material for 2 skirfs, so as a special treat to me she gave me the second.


I am excited to continue the fun of sharing gratitude and surprises. Already this exercise has reminded me how fortunate I am to have such amazing people in my life and how important it is to let them know how much they mean to me.

Many blessings to you on this fine day.--Kate

No comments: