Thursday, February 5, 2015

Felted Needle Book (part 2.)

Allow me to explain why I chose to make a felted needle book, besides the fact that the pattern I found looked really cute. I made this book because I have a lot of needles, I mean I have a ridiculously large number of needles. I am also constantly misplacing said needles in any number of random locations.So this little needle book will definitely come in handy.

In the end the needle book pattern I found turned out to be no more then inspiration. Perhaps I will make another needle book that more closely resembles the project that began all this. I am thrilled with how mine turned out though.
Once the pieces dried I figured the best way to put the book together, was to bind the pages and then stitch them on to the cover.












I am a big fan of bees and thought that the bee colors would contrast nicely with the deep red of the cover.

The big question now is whether this will help cut down on the number of missing and misplaced needles.

Many blessings to you this fine and very early morning. --Kate

On a personal note. This post is so very late tonight because I spent most of the day taking care of my youngest who picked up a yucky stomach virus. There is nothing worse then a wee one who does not feel well. Here is to hoping that it will have passed by morning. Poor Bug!

No comments: