Friday, February 13, 2015

Handmade Valentines

So this is the first of, what will probably be, many years making our own Valentine's Day cards as a family. I even managed to get Rob involved, even though he does not like this holiday. It was not smooth sailing but we still managed to have moments of fun. My usually arty girl seemed to have a mental block when it came time to help with them. Thank goodness she has been drawing page after page of hearts for the last two weeks. My boy got into the process about as much as he ever does. Creation is not his forte, he is enjoying destruction much more these days.

As soon as I brought out my art supplies though I had two sets of bright eyes. Most particularly when they spied the paint and glue. Who doesn't love the sticky, icky stuff best though? After a few moments of chaos and one scary water spill that threatened a few computers, we achieved some beautiful and creative projects.
 I will have more to share with you tomorrow after we put our Valentine's cards into action seeing if we can spread a few hearts full of love in our community.

Many blessings to you this fine Valentine's Day Eve.--Kate

No comments: