Thursday, February 12, 2015

Heart Thoughts

I think that it is easy for Valentine's Day to be a selfish holiday. Filled with pretty baubles, grand gestures of romance and chocolate. Not that I have a problem with any of that, (especially the chocolate.) It is just that in a world so easily filled with selfishness maybe Valentine's Day should be an opportunity to fill the world with love. Real love is self-less. So how could we spend a day being self-less? What could we do to fill more hearts with love and share those hearts in our world?

I have a Saturday Surprise planned with my kids, (and mom) that I hope will be a day spent sharing hearts filled with love. I look forward to sharing that adventure with you on Saturday. For now I would love your thoughts on what you could do to celebrate a self-less Valentine's Day. 

I was also able to cross another item off my projects list. I have a heart shirt that was ripped years ago that I have been meaning to patch. I finally got it fixed today so that it is ready to wear on Saturday.

The red stitches might be a bit hard to see here, that is what I was covering with the patch. My first thought was to go with something small but the location of the holes were such that anything I used would have been very noticeable. I am quite pleased with how this turned out.
Many blessings to you on this fine night.--Kate

Remember to send me your thoughts on what can be done to make Valentine's Day a holiday about real love.

No comments: