Friday, February 20, 2015

Piles of Patterns

I would describe myself as an unabashed collector. Most of my collections fall in the craft category, but I also enjoy books, pretty baubles, music, shoes, bees, angels, elephants and information. At this point my collections have not reached hoarder status, (at least not in the house.)

I am sure that I will share about many of my collections in future posts, but today's favorite is patterns. I love patterns, especially vintage patterns. I can not pass by a pattern box or bin at a garage sale or thrift store. I usually come home with a fist full of free patterns from the local craft and fabric stores. I am even a member of a few online sites that have patterns you can download. When I was working for a manufacturing company I also designed a fair number of patterns myself. That was my favorite part of the job.

The majority of my patterns are for knit and crochet projects. There are just so many pretty patterns and such a wide variety of items that can be made. I believe that part of the reason that my "to do" pile is so big is because I keep finding new patterns that I want to try.

Maybe someday there will be patterns that I design that will be out there for others to fall in love with and add to their own pattern collections.

Many blessings to you on this fine night.--Kate

No comments: