Saturday, February 21, 2015

Sharing Hearts with our Neighbors.

One of life's great blessings is good neighbors. Everywhere I have lived I have always had at least one good neighbor. I think it is imperative to be known in the places I live and to know the people around me. That is one of many things that makes our current neighborhood so special, the people here seem to want to know and care for each other.

After a few years of living here, we have met quite a large percentage of our neighbors. There are a handful that we are quite close with though. One of the first neighbors that we met are an older retired couple and we have become quite fond of each other. When we went Huckleberry picking this past summer we shared some berries with them as a birthday surprise. There have been many long conversations about our interests and histories. We are always glad to see their smiling faces and receive their warm words.

So today's surprise was a small heart banner I made for them. It was our families way to share with them just how much their friendship has meant to us. It had been my hope to have it done last week in time for Valentine's, but it was a full week. So a little of the heart motif has carried over into this week. I feel really fortunate that my children get to grow up in a neighborhood where they are loved and look out for by many.
 
Many blessings to you on this fine evening.--Kate


No comments: