Saturday, March 7, 2015

A Wonderful Birthday Party (and my 100th blog post)

The very best way to tell if a birthday party was a success is by the degree to which you are tired afterward. Today was a major success. Both kids were in bed, asleep before 8 tonight and I think there is a very good chance that I will be in bed before tomorrow is here (which does not happen often.)

Today was a truly great day. We turned our house into a "Frozen" wonderland. My girl was able to help make the frosting for her snowflake cake and the cupcakes and even got to decorate the cupcakes. She had a marvelous time greeting each guest (or customer as she kept calling them,) at the door. It was a special treat to get to play with so many dear friends at once, (and every one of them got along and had fun.) She received exciting and beautiful gifts, each one she wanted to play with right away. Then she was able to cap her day with dinner out with her family. (There were cousins, Auntie, Uncle and two grandmothers.) There was even a special Birthday song and ice cream sundae.
 

 

I have no doubt that this was a day we shall be talking about for a long while. Every bit of it lived up to my own excited anticipation from yesterday too. As an extra special bonus this blog has also reached a milestone, the 100th post. I must admit I was a bit thrilled when I realized my 100th post was on the same day as my girl's party. (An extra piece of cake for me, in celebration of course.)
 

Even though I am tired after all the busy wonders of the day I am also a little excited to get started working on my boy's party now. I think the fun of sister's party has got him a little excited for his party too. He and I are going to have a great time planning.

Many blessings to all of you on this fine and celebratory night.--Kate

P.S. Another clue that it was a great party.

No comments: