Thursday, October 30, 2014

Some times the "things" in life are not things.

I have just spent a day allowing the things in life to get in the way of enjoying my life. Some times the things that clutter up our life are not physical items that fill up the corners, and closets that litter the floor or spill out into the garage. They are the things that we allow to steal our moments. They are the things that we think are so important right now, but do not give us the joy that we could find if we just set those things down, took a breath and looked around. Today, I let the things take time away from my kids. Time we could have spent decorating for Halloween, or playing a game. My kids sat next to me working together on a puzzle, I was busy with my things.

So for this Thursday it is all of the things that have to go. I know that they will not. I know that there will be more things that need my attention tomorrow. What I really need to do is make sure that I keep them in their place. I need to not let them fill up my entire day and take away from all of the many amazing moments.

Many blessings to you on this fine night--Kate

No comments: