Thursday, October 9, 2014

The things have taken over my life.

It seems that the moment I decided to get organized, find a usable spot for what is staying and get the clutter out, the clutter started to expand like the blob. Perhaps clutter is more like gremlins: 1. No bright lights, 2. Don't get them wet, 3. What ever you do never feed them after midnight. Which ever it is, my "Things" situation is turning into a horror story. Things just keep popping up everywhere.(Tribbles perhaps?)

So the things that are going today are magazines. This is actually the second time I have done this purge. Two years ago when we moved, I off loaded 4 times as many as I am looking to send on their way this time. As always it was another of those "I can do something with these." Maybe it was to cut up the pages to use in craft projects or to go through the pages to find yummy recipes or interesting articles, but the piles just kept growing. This pile is a remnant of the previous one. A few Martha Steward's, a handful of home improvement, and a rather large stack of Rachel Ray's. 


Of course there is still a stash of magazines. A lot of "Family Fun", which I will not be getting rid of until the kids are grown and my favorite magazine of all time "Ready Made" which is an upcycler's dream. A magazine filled with ideas of how to take common items and give them new life, either through art or function. It is no longer in print and I have no plans to ever let these babies go.






 

There may be a few from the "To go" pile that sneak their way into the kids' craft bin. Hey, they really are great for art and craft projects. For the rest of them though, they are out the door. Look at that, my "Things" pile just got a little smaller.

Many blessings to you on this fine and cluttered day--Kate

No comments: