Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Transformation Tuesdays

This is one of the other themes that I am very excited about. Remember I said that for years I would see something and think oh I can made something out of that. Well here is my chance to do just that. Transformation Tuesdays are all about taking something old and giving it new life. It is also the place where I hope to keep myself accountable for getting my life in order. As my life, my house and my sewing room get cleaned up you will get to see it here. 

So today's transformation; living room curtains into reupholstered dining chairs. Here are a few pictures of the well worn chairs that we found this past summer on Craig's list. 



 I took the living room curtains from our old house. Here they are behind my cute cat Muggles.

 
I cut up the curtains, covered the original seat, then covered that in a clear vinyl to make cleaning up after two little mess makers a bit easier. 



When they are a bit older the vinyl is easily removed if we ever decide that we want to update the whole set again. This is half the set. There is another bench seat and two more chairs. 




We love this dining set and the new covers just completed the transformation of our eating, playing and learning area. There is a small peek of the kids craft containers on the left side of the picture.

Many blessings to you on this very fine day--Kate

No comments: