Tuesday, November 4, 2014

From feet to hands

I have a lot of fun and crazy socks. For the past few years I have received them as birthday and Christmas presents or found them in post holiday sales bins. I love the bright colors or wild patterns, but socks don't last forever. I have used old socks for a number of things, cleaning rags, dog toys, patches, and even sock monkeys.

Recently I had a couple of socks wear out in the heals and toes. They were made with a thick yarn so I thought rather then cut them up I would see if I could unravel the yarn. That way I could use the yarn in a different project. After unraveling the foot portion of the sock I realized that what remained of the sock would actually make a pretty great set of fingerless gloves. So that is what they have become.



From footwear to hand warmers. My old socks have found a new job, and my hands are loving it now that the cooler temperatures have arrived.

I am thinking that the other set might make a good pair of legwarmers for my little ballerina. 



Many blessings to you on this fine day--Kate

No comments: