Wednesday, February 25, 2015

A Breath of Spring

We have been most fortunate in our Spring-like February. There are signs of green life popping up all over. When the wind does not blow there is a warmth in the air, and I am almost certain that I heard a flock of geese returning from the south the other day.

So of course with all these small promises of fairer weather and fragrant blooms it is hard not to catch a mild case of Spring Fever.

I've been having a blast lately checking out craft and sewing books from the library. Pouring through them looking for inspiration and new projects. I found these little cuties in a quirky, fun, DIY book by Mary Jane Baxter titled,  "Chic on a Shoestring."
 

I fashioned my flowers from outgrown clothes and some old buttons. I am not yet sure what I want to do with them, (except fluff, fuss and play with them,) but I will post it here once I figure it out.

This really was a fast, fun project. All hand stitched so it is a perfect take with you craft.

Many blessings to you this fine night.--Kate

No comments: