Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day

I have always thought of Valentine's Day as an opportunity to let the people in my life know I love them. My mom and dad always made it a really special holiday. It is also a fun time to pull out the crafting supplies and have some fun.So I have a great fondness for this holiday.
My daughter would have the whole neighborhood over for parties and performances every night. She is a kid that oozes love and delight for other people. So for Valentine's Day in 2015 we started a special family tradition. We do handmade Valentine's for family and friends per usual, but we also make Valentine's Day cards for our entire block. Then we go door to door sharing a little love with our neighbors. It is probably about 40-45 houses. This was our third time. This year we handed out the most to date. I would say over half of the homes had someone there to receive a Valentine.
 
The kids look forward to it each year, but so do the neighbors. For many it is the only Valentine they receive. Each year we get lots of thank yous, smiles and get the chance to meet new neighbors. Our list has also gotten longer each year as we continue to add new friends and loved ones. 


Many blessings this fine love-filled night.--Kate

No comments: