Friday, February 10, 2017

Little Sweater

The day after Christmas, when my girl chose to keep her broken doll, we picked out a pattern to make Olivia a new outfit. It has been a cold snowy winter and Olivia came to us dressed ready for summer. So my girl and I both thought she may like something warm to wear. I found this clever Simplicity pattern that includes a link for knit and crochet patterns too. Sewing, knit and crochet projects in one pattern? It is like it was made just for me.
My girl decided she wanted me to make the crochet sweater for Olivia. Then she dove into my huge yarn stash to find which yarn she wanted me to use. This sweater pattern was probably an intermediate skill level, but thankfully required very little seaming to be done. It was worked from the waist up to the orange/brown rows in connected rounds. Then I work up the front and back panels separately and seamed it at the shoulders. Then I reattached the yarn at the arm holes and constructed the sleeves from the shoulder to the wrist in the connected rounds again. It was finished with a decorative stitch at the neck and waist.
 
Now Olivia has a lovely crochet sweater to keep her warm. We just need to get her some pants.

Many blessings this fine day.--Kate

No comments: