Monday, February 6, 2017

MOPS crafting

Just over a year ago I joined a MOPS, (Mothers of Preschoolers,) group at our church. It has been a wonderful source of support and encouragement. I have also made a number of really fabulous friends and a number of really fun crafts.

My very first meeting we worked on personalizing a tote bag, watched a video and had a refreshing small group discussion. I was hooked; adult conversation, sympathetic mommy stories and crafts, what more do I need? Oh yes, a nice 2 hour break where my kids are being watched by wonderful volunteers.
This first craft was perfect for me. The bag is super cute and practical.  Just the right size for hauling around whatever current project I am working on and my books. The project itself was a fun experiment in personal expression. All in all, a great way to craft. I did not have to worry about getting or finding supplies, I just got to come and create. Best of all I left with a finished product, not another work in progress, and it is a bag that I use often.

Many blessings this fine day.--Kate

No comments: