Friday, March 20, 2015

Finding New Craft Projects with My Girl.

I adore that my daughter has obviously inherited the creating gene. We have a little to much fun going out to the local craft stores to find new projects to make. It is amazing what all is out there and it is fun to see some of my old favorites come back. Like those weaving looms that use the vibrant stretchy nylon bands.

One of the fun new to us crafting supplies that we found for my daughters Birthday was Washi tape. It is basically colorful, slightly translucent, masking tape. Which means that it is an easily removable product. My original intent in buying the tape was for my girl to make her own stickers. (There was a book that we found that was for that very thing, but when I went back to buy the book it was gone.) I figured I did not really need the book, we could figure it out on our own.

So I spent the day looking up what all you can do with Washi tape and now I have a brain filled with ideas, plans and soon to be tried projects. I love the easy access to thousands of creative ideas. I love living in a world populated with so much creativity and creation.
 Today though was a foray into the Washi sticker making arena. It was easy and so much fun. I drew some simple designs onto waxed paper and then my girl laid strips of tape down so that they covered the design and also overlapped a little bit. Then I cut them out. She is becoming quite skilled with scissors, but this was still a little to detailed for her to manage. Then we just had to remove the waxed paper and put our sticker in the place of our choosing. Tonight that place was on the cover of my laptop.

 She had a lot of fun and already has ideas for new designs and new locations for the colorful, cute stickers.

Many blessings to you on this fine night.--Kate

No comments: