Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Old Mini Skirt to New Purse

I have had this project on my "To finish" shelf since high school. I attended a clothing swap at which I came away with a cute, short, tight, black fleece mini skirt with a hot pink inside. Once I got it home I realized that it really was not something I would ever be willing to wear in public. I did mention the short and tight bit right. The more I fiddled with it though I realized that it would make a great purse. I started the transformation right away, cutting 9 inches off the bottom, sewing up the bottom and sewing one half of the cut off bit over the waist opening to make a closing flap. That is where I got stuck. I had enough material to make the strap. I took the other half of the cut off bit and cut it in half, but I just did not know how I wanted to make the strap. So I put the project on the shelf. Over the years I have pulled it out a couple times but never had anymore inspiration. Tonight I was in need of a quick transformation project and thought of the purse again and inspiration hit. If I cut the straps and braided them they would be thinner, cute and there was the possibility of having both black and pink on the same side.

So now I have a new hold everything purse. The best part is the two front pockets that can hold keys, lip balm and cellphone.

Many blessings on this fine night.--Kate





No comments: