Sunday, March 15, 2015

Our Movie Adventure

So we just experienced our first movie theater adventure as a family. It was everything I had hoped for and imagined. My boy at almost 3 was, as expected, antsy but he loved the previews commenting after each one whether he wanted to see it or not and if he thought it was funny, silly or scary. He sat fairly quietly for at least 75% of it, but there were periodic moments of fussing and wiggling and in general bothering of the sister. I do not think that we will be so quick to have a second go at the theater with brother, (or at least not such a packed theater.) Sister on the other hand did wonderfully and loved everything about going to the theater to watch a movie.

The movie we chose for this first time experience was the new Cinderella. Yes, of course a huge part of the reason for choosing it was because of the "Frozen" short--"Frozen Fever." Both kids loved it and laughed from start to finish. That said I think my girl loved Cinderella even more. It was a lovely, beautifully shot film and I  appreciated the frequently referenced importance of being kind. Best of all there was never a moment when either child was scared.

All in all we had a wonderful time today. Even though our girl is quite obviously ready for movie theater experiences I still believe that they will be fairly rare occurrences because the pleasure of the event is still far outweighed by the unpredictability of the content. Both kids are quite sensitive and I would hate to have an unexpected moment ruin their fun. After combing through many reviews about this movie I felt that it was probably a save bet and I was so glad (and relieved) that it was.

Many blessings on this fine
celluloid night.--Kate

No comments: