Monday, March 16, 2015

Grain-Free Banana Bread

My daughter loves banana bread, but my son loves bananas. So between our dietary changes and the rapidly disappearing bananas I have not had a chance to try out a grain free recipe until tonight.

This one I found I think is a winner. Well at least for me, the kids have not had a chance to try it yet as they were in bed before the bread was done baking.

Grain-free Banana Bread

Ingredients
-3 ripe bananas
-3 Tbsp of almond butter
-Juice of ½ lemon
-½ cup of coconut flour
-4 pasture-raised eggs
-1 tsp of baking soda
-2 Tbsp of grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut oil (melted)
-1 Tbsp of raw honey or grade B maple syrup (I used 1 tsp of stevia and 2 Tbsp of xylitol.)

-1 tsp of vanilla
-Pinch of pink salt (called real salt, It is salt will all it's minerals.)

Directions
*Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line your loaf tin.
Combine and mix coconut flour, baking soda, xylitol and salt in one bowl.
In another bowl, combine bananas, almond butter, lemon, eggs (whisk eggs separately before adding,) butter, stevia, and vanilla and blend until smooth. Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined.
Pour mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
 
 
 Enjoy!

Many blessings on this very fine night.--Kate

No comments: