Saturday, March 21, 2015

Saturday's Sales

I have already confessed my love of books. Well recently I received notice that a local bookstore was having major sales on their used books, 4 for $20 (for books priced up to $29.99.) So of course I had to go check it out. I ended up finding 10 books, two of which were already under $3. This lead to a desire to check out my favorite used book store, "Little Man Bookstore," where I found 11 more books. I capped off my day of book shopping with a trip to the craft store to use my 60% off coupon to buy Tilda's Studio by Tone Finnanger a book I have been salivating over for about a month now. If you have not seen the creation's of Ms. Finnanger she is worth checking out. She makes lovely items but the display scenes she designs for her photos are gorgeous.

So I ended the day with 23 books and the averaged price per book was just under $4. I wish I could say that this will sate my appetite for books for a while, but one never can tell.

A fair number of the books I found today I picked up because I thought my kids would really love them for bed time stories. I found The Indian in the Cupboard and Harriet the Spy, great classics. I also found a book called Ginger Pye, about a clever dog in a clever family. The series I think I am going to start with though is called The Critter Club about four girls who start a pet rescue center. Both of my kids have a strong love for animals.
I am excited by my new mountainous pile of books, and I have a strong desire to dive right into all of them, each for a different reason. I suppose I should rein myself in a bit and at least try and finish the books I am currently reading. Let me tell you I am very excited to embark on the many adventures waiting just inside the covers of these new treasures.

Many blessings to you on this very fine night.--Kate
P.S. Here is an example page from the book Tilda's Studio. I think it is so bright and lovely. I wish this was how my creating space looked.

No comments: